Now that we’re near the end of the second week of Ohio’s state-wide “Stay at Home” order we wanted to take a moment to give an update on the services we at ProMedica Federal Credit Union are committed to continuing to provide to all of our Members.
For now, we will continue to offer extended hours of operations through our drive-thru service at the 2301 W. Central Avenue branch. Monday – Friday 7:00am-7:00pm. Due to low demand we will be ending our temporary Saturday hours of operations. We will continue to review this on a week by week basis.
Outside of this, our Members can always access our services and their accounts through other safe and secure methods – please be sure to contact the Credit Union if you need help accessing any of the following:
- ATMs: We will make sure our ATMs continue to be stocked and in service. You may also use this Co-Op Shared Branching Locator to find other fee-free ATMs wherever you are.
- Mobile Banking: Our Online and Mobile Banking allows a full range of services – including: Account Inquires, Mobile Check Deposit, Funds Transfers, and Electronic Bill Pay.
- Electronic Account and Loan Processing: We are fully capable of receiving, processing, and completing applications for new Membership, secondary accounts, and loans without the need to meet face-to-face. Look here for our full suite of options at our Online Application Portal
Don’t forget we are your Credit Union – the wellbeing of our Members will always be our top priority. The current crisis has created difficulties and, with more uncertain times possibly ahead of us, we’ve rolled out a series of programs that you can look into to gain a little breathing room.
- Emergency Loans A $1,000 Emergency Loan will be made available to our Members in need of short-term financial assistance at only 5.99% APR* and a 12-month term. Members may make no payments for the first 90 days. Apply, get approved, and sign online at our Online Personal Loan Portal
- Payment Deferments Members in good standing will be able to defer payments on any existing ProMedica FCU Consumer loan for up to 90 days. This will be offered, with no processing fee. Contact us by phone at 419-479-4040 or by email at MemberServices@promedicafcu.com for instructions and details.
- VISA Skip-a-Pay We will help facilitate a Skip-a-Pay for qualifying cardholders that will run April 1 through May 31, 2020. Look to your next VISA statement for more details.
These assistance programs are another area we are always looking to review and improve. If there is some way we can offer better service please let us know by email at: MemberServices@promedicafcu.com
Lastly, we want to warn our Members to be careful and cautious of bad actors looking to take advantage of people during situations like this. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has compiled tips for avoiding and dealing with recent and emerging scams, including:
- Avoid phishing scams by keeping your anti-malware and anti-virus software up to date on your computer and never click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Go directly to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for the most recent information on the coronavirus, rather than obtaining information from emails and other sources that may not be legitimate.
- Watch out for advertisements or “investment opportunities” around coronavirus prevention, treatment, or cures. Consult a medical professional for questions about prevention and treatment.
Always stop and think critically about what is being asked of you – especially if you are being asked to give any personally identifying information (SSNs, Account Numbers, etc..).
We do our best to keep our Members up to date on potential scams by sharing consumer alerts from the FTC on our Facebook page. Another great resource to help you keep your money safe, especially with the Federal Economic Stimulus checks due to start going out soon, is the IRS Corona Virus Center where you can find a wealth of information straight from the source.
Remember, we’re here to help. Be kind and be safe out there!
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Credit subject to credit approval. Terms and conditions apply. Programs, rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. This credit union is insured by the National Credit Union Administration.